The aim of history teaching at Tyntesfield is to:
* stimulate the children’s interest and understanding about the life of people who lived in the past.
* fire children's curiosity about the past in Britain and the wider world
* encourage thinking about how the past influences the present.
* help children develop a chronological framework for their knowledge of significant events and people.
* develop a range of skills and abilities - particularly those related to finding out about the past, explaining what happened and what people then and now think about what happened.
the Decades History is timetabled and taught entirely through thematic units of work. The emphasis on our teaching of history is on integrated learning, linking the subject with many other areas of the curriculum. However, within each unit there are lessons that focus upon subject specific skills teaching (Skills Bursts).
Year 2 - Victorians, Fire Fire
Year 3 - Romans, Knights and Castles
Year 4 - Ancient Greece, Super Sale
Year 5 / 6 - World War 2, Britain through
Pupils very much enjoy coming to school... They feel safe in the stimulating environment into which they are warmly welcomed... One pupil stated that, ‘You can be yourself here.’