In the early part of the nineteenth century the property now known as Tyntesfield Primary School, was farmland known as Smithy Field. In 1850, Samuel Brookes, a well known local banker, bought the land and Tyntesfield Hall was built on the site.
Later, Tyntesfield Hall was given to the Hardy family by the Crown, as a reward for courageous action during the Battle of Alma, in the Crimean War. This is from where Alma Road and our school Tyntesfield Primary take their names.
In 1956 part of the land was sold to Cheshire County Council for the building of a primary school. Tyntesfield Hall was demolished but two of the cannons from the Battle of Alma, taken from the grounds of the hall, were donated to the school. Today the cannons sit proudly by the main entrance to our school building and have formed the logo for our school, Tyntesfield Primary.
Tyntesfield Primary School : Alma Road, Sale, Cheshire M33 4HE
Tel : 0161 973 4877
Fax : 0161 718 1281