Hello and welcome to Class 1SL! My name is Miss Lamb and I am the teacher in Class 1SL. Along with myself, we have the lovely teaching assistant Mrs Rowe who works with us to help our learning and development.
Moving from Reception to Year 1 is a big change, therefore we foster a caring and nurturing environment to ensure that everyone is happy and successful during their time in Year 1. A key focus in Class 1SL is to develop our resilience and growth mind-set by developing a “mistakes are great” attitude and realising how challenging ourselves helps our brains to grow.
During Year 1 we begin the National Curriculum and explore many exciting topics including:
- Geography where we will explore the world we live in.
- History where we will be learning about toys from the past and great explorers like Amelia Earhart.
- Music where you will learn how to play the Ukulele.
- Religious Education where we learn about people’s beliefs and explore different religious celebrations.
- Design and Technology where we learn how to plan, make and create.
- Art where we will get messy learning all about the artists Georgia O’Keefe and Pablo Picasso.
- Science where we will investigate plants, animals and seasons
In Class 1SL we all work hard together to support each other in ensuring we achieve our best! We can’t wait to welcome you to the classroom which is a warm, safe place where you can grow and make many memories with your friends.
Pupils very much enjoy coming to school... They feel safe in the stimulating environment into which they are warmly welcomed... One pupil stated that, ‘You can be yourself here.’