A thriving Parent Teacher Association exists, of which all parents are automatically members. The Association is part of the National Confederation of PTAs. There are many aspects to the work of the PTA which centre on the developing of a closer relationship between parents and school. Over the course of a year, the PTA organise several social and fundraising events.
The funds raised by the PTA provide invaluable resources which benefit the children tremendously.
Firstly, PTA funds pay for numerous ongoing items / resources including:
* book Bags for new children in Reception
* leavers' dictionaries and autograph books
* new books for the school library each year
* wet play resources
* playtime equipment
In addition, the PTA raise funds for specific projects. In recent years they have paid for:
* furniture for our new school library
* an adventure trail on the school playground
* a new school stage;
* a new football kit for the school team.
Pupils very much enjoy coming to school... They feel safe in the stimulating environment into which they are warmly welcomed... One pupil stated that, ‘You can be yourself here.’